The Rockbridge Area Health Center offers reduced cost medications to RAHC patients through the 340B Drug Discount Program and the Medication Assistance (MAP) Program, with the most appropriate program varying from person to person depending upon their situation.
340B Drug Discount Program: Unique to Health Centers, RAHC offers insured and uninsured patients significant discounts on medication through our 340B Program in partnership with Lexington Prescription Center. In order to receive the discount, the medication must be prescribed by a current RAHC provider, or a specialist we’ve referred out to, and filled at Lexington Prescription Center. There are no income limitations.
The Lexington Prescription Center is a full service pharmacy offering:
- drive thru pick up
- on line refill request
- home delivery
- home oxygen and sleep apnea supplies with a qualified staff of Respiratory Therapist available 24/7
- representatives available to assist in all insurance billing
- extended hours including weekends
Transferring your prescription is easy, call 540.463.9166 and ask them to contact your pharmacy to move your prescriptions.
The Medication Assistance Program (MAP): Our Certified Pharmacy Technician helps patients without prescription drug coverage by providing access to medications offered by major pharmaceutical companies for an annual administrative fee of $40.
To Qualify for the Medication Assistance Program:
- You must be a patient of the Rockbridge Area Health Center.
- You must not have prescription insurance coverage.
- You must follow your provider’s instructions regarding periodic re-evaluations, lab work, etc.
- You must have a medical appointment with your Primary Care Provider every three (3) months unless otherwise instructed by your Primary Care Provider.
- You must meet federal income guidelines.
- You must complete all required paperwork to include completing the annual re-enrollment process.
- You must provide specific documentation of household income when requested.