At Rockbridge Area Health Center, it is believed that a healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body. RAHC is always accepting new patients. Please contact the center to see they can help!
The Behavioral Health Department is funded in part by a generous grant from the Virginia Health Care Foundation.
RAHC provides a full-range of behavioral health services including:
- Psychiatric medication evaluation and management (patients will need to be established with the Medical team at RAHC in order to receive this care)
- Individual counseling and psychotherapy for children 5+, teens, families, and adults
- Group and couples counseling
Treatment is provided for a wide range of mental, emotional, and behavioral health concerns including:
- Anxiety, worry, and panic disorders
- Grief and loss
- Post-traumatic stress
- Substance Abuse
- Alcohol abuse
- Smoking cessation
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Specific phobias
- Relationship problems
- Creating healthy lifestyle habits (diet, sleep, and exercise routines)
- Personal growth and well-being
- Support for making life and career decisions
RAHC’s Counselors work alongside our Primary Care and Dental teams to support you as a whole person. Apart from treating mental health and emotional conditions, counseling can help you improve your life and reduce stress that can cause or worsen symptoms of medical illnesses such as headaches, sleep problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, chronic pain, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and more.